The holidays are also a time of giving. I would like to take the opportunity to thank and recommend sites / blogs that are very useful for forex traders. Here are my 30 picks.
With some of these websites, I have different kinds of collaboration which I’m happy with, and it’s also an opportunity to thank them. Others are great sources of information for anyone interested in foreign exchange trading from various points of view.
- FXStreet: I am glad to contribute to this multi-lingual forex giant with daily outlooks, weekly forecasts, special events’ previews and this year FXStreet also manages the advertisement on Forex Crunch, and is doing a superb job.
- Forex Factory: The largest forex forum has an excellent calendar, enhanced trader tools and a wonderful news section I’m proud to contribute to.
- Forex Live: Forex Live is there for you all the time. This fast moving site keeps you up to date with interbank moves that affect forex, a constant news flow and a lot of good humor. It’s a great resource which I use daily. In 2011, they have widened their activity with more contributors and more sections, and have also grown in popularity which they certainly deserve.
- DailyFX: One of the biggest and widest forex portals by FXCM features many top experts in forex trading. I am grateful for a fruitful and growing cooperation with the site, including interviews with their experts and my contributions to their site.
- Business Insider: This large financial portal offers a wide variety of relevant news for traders. I am proud to contribute to this site on a regular basis.
- NetDania: They have superb charting tools used on many important sites. They are fine tuning the software all the time. I use their graphs on a daily basis and also their mobile applications which are highly recommended.
- Currensee: The first forex social network has made huge steps forward in 2010. I truly believe in what they’re doing with the , and happy to work with them closely.
- Trading NRG: In a world with everything connected to everything, it’s important to keep up with oil, gas, gold silver. Trading energy does it superbly.
- Winners Edge Trading: Casey Stubbs does a great job covering EUR/USD. His great posts about trading psychology are very insightful as well. Keep up the good work Casey!
- Credit Writedowns: Ed Harrison and other contributors share their insights about the European debt crisis and also other fundamental issues – great food for the thought.
- FXTechStrategy: Mohammed Isah’s technical analysis site covers currencies, precious metals and commodities using many technical tools. The webiste has expanded in 2011.
- FT Alphaville: A blog of the Financial Times, Alphaville provides great analysis into macro analysis, helping understand the forces behind the news. This sure widens the horizons, especially on complex banking issues that can be scary to many.
- Mish’s Global Economic Trend Analysis: Michael Shedlock provides news and very interesting opinions about the dire global economies. He has very bold criticism
- Currency Thoughts: Larry Greenberg, a veteran currency economist brings forex news from many places all over the world, and in-depth analysis of current events.
- Bond Vigilantes: The various writers of this blog provide interesting insights about the global economy and occasionally feature webinars which are very informative.
- Macro Man: The mysterious investor behind this site has an excellent sense of humor and manages to see through the smokes and mirrors that politicians and big bankers can supply the markets.
- The Forex Articles: James Woodley speaks his mind regarding forex strategies, forex trading ideas and weekly updates on trading. He also gave me the inspiration for this post.
- Macro Sentiment: This relatively new site combines easy informative videos with technical analysis and will be interesting to watch in 2012.
- Forex Magnates: Michael Greenberg knows everybody in the industry and brings not only news, but sharp opinions I’ve enjoyed in this turbulent year in the industry.
- Francesc Riverola: CEO of FXStreet covers the industry from within, and spices things up with songs and reports about his hometown – Barcelona and FC Barcelona of course.
- CFTC Law: Felix Shipkevish follows regulation and legal news concerning the forex industry and isn’t afraid of looking into the dark side of this business.
- Forex Kills: Arnaud Jeulin, founder and owner of Mataf and ForexTicket has interesting analysis about the forex industry and develops very interesting tools for traders.
- IPE Zone: Interesting articles about globalization, emerging economies and movements in currencies. Not the conventional way of thought.
- Forex Blog: Adam Kritzer brings forex opinions from the world’s second largest economy – China. His long term macro insights are always a good read. Adam is on vacation but he’ll come back quite soon.
- Trading U – Chicago Blog: Jay Norris writes about psychological effects of forex trading, trading patterns, technical analysis and much more.
- Jean-Pierre Chevallier: This French analyst digs into data released by central and private banks, and exposes the secrets they don’t always want to share. His insights are helpful in understanding the depth of the debt crisis.
- Forex Blog: Since 2006, the blog has grown into a great site with great resources. Andriy’s weekly technical lines are very useful.
- Steen’s Chronicle: Chief economist of Saxo Bank, Steen Jakobsen, analyzes the markets and the meaning of the debt crisis from an interesting point of view.
- FXPath: James Chen focuses on straightforward and accurate technical analysis and also provides forex lessons. Chen is clearly an authority in forex.
- Kathy Lien – Head of currency research at Global Forex Trading (GFT). She provides interesting technical and fundamental analysis, forex signals and strategies. A significant part of posts are of her interesting TV interviews.
That’s it. Thank you, everybody. I hope I didn’t forget anyone…
I hope you’ve enjoyed Forex Crunch in 2011!