AUD/USD is lower again today, continuing its decline against the dollar, breaking previous support levels. AUD/USD was trading at 0.9946 (-0.5%) at the time of this writing.
Here’s a quick update on technicals, fundamentals and community trends.
- Previous sessions: AUD/USD continued its decline against the US Dollar today trading at 0.9946 at the time of this writing.
- Current range: 1.0015 – 0.9934
- Further levels: Below: 0.9940, 0.9900, 0.9850 Above: 0.9985, 1.0020, 1.0075
- AUD / USD likely to find support at today’s low of 0.9934 and resistance at 1.0225.
- 13:30 USD Unemployment Rate exp. 0.1% decrease
- 13:30 USD Non-Farm Employment Change exp. Increase of 159k
- 13:30 USD Average Hourly Earnings m/m
- 14:30 USD Fed Chairman Bernanke Testifies
- 18:30 USD FOMC Member Duke Speaks
- 20:00 USD Consumer Credit m/m
- 21:30 USD FOMC Member Evans Speaks
* All times are GMT.
For the major events due later in the week, see the AUD/USD forecast.
- US Jobless claims saw a greater than expected increase
- Euro reaches 5 week low against the USD. Technical indicators point to a further decline
- US data is more positive than European data, with the debt crisis looming over Europe
Currensee Community: 92% are short, 8% are long. 392 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment. The community expecting further declines in AUD/USD.Get the 5 most predictable currency pairs