AUD/USD manged to recover after reaching low support and bounced off resistance. Will it managed to break higher or does this bounce mean more falls on this busy day? Here’s a quick update on technicals, fundamentals and community trends.
AUD to USD under 0.9863.
- Asian session: Active session sees Aussie trading in range.
- Current Range: 0.9725 to 0.9860
- Further levels in both directions: Below 0.9725, 0.9660. Above 0.9863, 0.9915, 1.0000, 1.0080, 1.0180, 1.0220, 1.03.
- Parity is a big technical hurdle.
- Significant support is at 0.9660.
- 00:30 Australian Construction Work Done. Exp. 2.3%. Actual -2.1%.
- 13:30 US Unemployment Claims. Exp. 434K. Actual 407K – big surprise.
- 13:30 US Durable Goods Orders. Exp. +0.2%, actual -3.3%. Core figure exp. +0.7%. Actual -2.7%. Big disappointment.
- 13:30 US Personal Spending. Exp. +0.5%, actual +0.4%.
- 13:30 US Core PCE Price Index. Exp. +0.1%. Actual 0%.
- 13:30 US Personal Spending. Exp. +0.4%.
- 14:55 US Revised Consumer Sentiment. Exp. 69.5 points. Actual 71.5.
- 15:00 US New Home Sales. Exp. 311K. Actual. Big disappointment.
- 00:30 (Thursday) Australian Private Capital Expenditure. Exp. +3.2%.
- North Korean attack on South Korea surprises the world and triggers risk aversive trading. The Aussie is sensitive to this news.
- Contagion spreading: Fears that Spain and Italy will also need bailout packages impacts the whole world, not only the Euro. European debt issues hurt the Aussie.
- Currensee Community: 91% are short, 9% are long. 365 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment. The community continues seeing more falls in AUD/USD.
Want to see what other traders are doing in real accounts? Check out Currensee. It’s free..