Bank of Japan’s board member Masai has said that the downside risks to Japan’s economy, prices have subsided somewhat but remain high.
- Must ease if must ease without hesitation if risks materialise, increase chance economy will lose momentum for hitting price goal.
- It is natural concerns emerging that prolonged global low rates could encourage firms, investors to take on more risk.
- Necessary to continue easing to support growth.
- I am aware of such concerns, including how declining rates of return on pension products could have negative impact on economic activity.
- It is still indispensable that japan persistently continue with current monetary easing to overcome deflation completely.
- BoJ will devise measures considered necessary at the time, conduct policy in appropriate manner with eye on pros, cons of its policy.
- Global economy expected to grow moderately on the whole, though it will take some time for growth pace to pick up.