This is a developing story.
We are hearing the outcome of the emergency meeting on the coronavirus. The WHO has said that the Coronavirus virus is an internationally heal emergency.
- Coronavirus virus is an internationally heal emergency.
- The outbreak has been met by an unprecedented response.
- We would have seen many more cases in China by now if it wasn’t for the government of China to protect people of their nations and the world.
- Cases are relatively small.
- We have not seen any deaths outside of China, for which we must all be grateful.
- Must act to limit spread.
- Potential of the virus to weaker health systems and capability to deal with it.
What we knew before
The total number of cases of the coronavirus reached nearly 8,000 worldwide with 170 deaths in China, Chinese and international health authorities said Thursday. The World Health Organization holds a news conference in Geneva to provide an update on the outbreak.
There will be limited time for questions, two from the room and two from the phone lines.