Three amendments to May’s plan are being voted upon:
- Amendment A, also known as the Letwin amendment, which seeks to take control of parliament and hold indicative votes on Brexit options.
- Amendment D calls on the gov’t to give parliament time to find a majority for a different approach on Brexit.
- Amendment F calls on the govt to seek parliaments approval on leaving without a deal if Britain comes within a week of doing so.
The first vote, on the Letwin amendment, has been passed: Yes 329 to the No 302.
- UK PM May: Alternative is to pursue different form of Brexit or a second referendum
- UK PM May: There is not support in the House to hold third vote on deal