A weekly roundup of interesting forex related articles and blog posts. Some more long term reading material for the forex trader.
We had a once in a lifetime intervention by the Swiss authorities, roller coaster markets around Trichet’s press conference and lots of activity in the week that marked the return from summer holidays. The markets are now closed, and it’s time to enjoy some long term forex related articles for the weekend. Enjoy!
You don’t see a central banker lose his nerve every day. Jean-Claude Trichet definitely provided a great show, but this wasn’t too positive for the euro. The gloom and doom headlines continue to weigh on the common currency.
- Larry Greenberg shows a widening advantage that the US has over Europe in PMIs. Indeed, the US services sector is still growing nicely.
- Kathy Lien discusses seasonality in forex trading, with September boasting some nice trends.
- Mike Kulej explains why the CHF ceiling is not a peg. I see it as a floor under EUR/CHF.
- Andriy Moraru offers a carry trade opportunity, with the courtesy of the SNB.
- Lior Cohen provides an interesting monthly outlook for oil prices.
- Neil Hume discusses the narrowing options for the Federal Reserve in the upcoming decision. QE3 isn’t likely.
- Mish discusses “Berananke’s Waterloo”, and provides 12 specific recommendations.
- Jay Norris discusses market correlations – the rule of the day.
- James Woolley shows two of the best ways to trade price reversals.
- Francesc Riverola announces a Forex All Stars event, and for a good cause.
- Adil Siddiqui reports an increase in forex settlement during August.
Here are some long term posts published on Forex Crunch this week:
- Taking the Profit – What do you do when the pair approaches your Take Profit target?
- Don’t Get Too Excited About the German Court’s Bailout Approval – The constitutional court in Karlsruhe provided a short rally for the euro. This doesn’t solve the problems.
- CFTC Sues 11 Forex Brokers – Is your broker one of them?
- The list of top 10 forex blogs has been updated.