China’s Commerce Ministry was out with some comments in the last hour, strongly opposing the US bullying and maximum pressure tactics.
• It the US presses along, China will have to take necessary countermeasures on trade.
• China is never afraid of any pressure, has the confidence to respond to any challenges.
• Has no information on any plans for US trade delegation to visit China at present.
• Regrets US escalation of trade tensions.
• US actions have caused a great setback in trade talks.
• On Huawei, says that national security concept is being abused.
• Calls for the US to avoid further impacting trade relations.
• Will take all necessary measures to protect its firms.
• US increasing tariffs will only bring more difficulties to trade talks.
• Urges the US to cancel tariffs on Chinese goods as soon as possible.