- The market is on the upside quest.
- Bitcoin retraced from intraday high.
- NEM is the growtth leader of the day.
Bitcoin (BTC) and major altcoins continue gaining ground on Thursday. The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation hit $262 billion from $243 billion on Wednesday, while an average daily trading volume reached $102 billion. Meanwhile, Bitcoin’s market share dropped to 55.7% as altcoins seem to be more successful lately.
Top-3 coins price overview:
- Bitcoin is hovering around $8,300, which is over 3% higher from this time on Wednesday. The largest digital coin came close to $8,400 handle and hit a multi-month new high during early Asian hours on Wednesday. The volatility remains high, though the coin is vulnerable to a short-term correction.
- Ethereum, the second biggest digital asset with the market value of over $28.0 billion, is one of the best performers of the day. ETH/USD has gained over 20% in recent 24 hours and nearly 10% since the beginning of Thursday. ETH is changing hands at $272 at press time.
- Ripple’s XRP is sitting at $0.4700 with over 9% gains in recent 24 hours and 2.5% on Wednesday. The third largest coin has a total capitalization of $19.8 billion.
The biggest market-movers:
- NEM is an uncontested leader of the day with over 48% of gains in recent 24 hours. NEM now takes 17th place in the cryptocurrency rating with the market value of $930 million. It is changing hands at $0.1033.
- Stellar is also a big mover with over 27% of gains on a day-on-day basis. XLM/USD is trading at $0.1512 and takes the 8th place in the CoinMarketCap’s rating.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) climbed towards $8.2 on Thursday, which is 23% higher from this time on Wednesday. The coin is moving within a strong bullish trend amid high volatility.