The Euro made some limited gains, but failed to break above the resistance line. It now trades in a very narrow range. When will it explode? This busy day could send it out of range. Here’s a quick update on fundamentals, technicals and community trends.
- Asian session: EUR/USD consolidated in a very narrow range during the Asian session, between 1.2805 and 1.2865.
- Current Range: 1.2722 to 1.2880.
- Further levels: Below, 1.2611, 1.2460 and 1.2330. Above 1.2932, 1.30 and 1.3114.
- More: EUR/USD lost a two month uptrend channel and is now consolidating. It still hasn’t violated a lower uptrend channel.
- 8:00 GMT – European Current Account. Exp. -3.7 billion.
- 9:00 GMT – German ZEW Economic Sentiment. Exp. 20.9 points.
- 12:30 GMT – US Building Permits. Exp. 580K.
- 12:30 GMT – US Housing Starts. Exp. 570K.
- 12:30 GMT – US PPI. Exp. +0.2%. Core PPI +0.2%.
- 13:15 GMT: US Industrial Production. Exp. +0.5%.
- 13:15 GMT: US Capacity Utilization Rate. Exp. 74.,6%.
- Market is in risk aversive mood. This means that bad US indicators are dollar positive.
- Today’s busy day could move the pair out of narrow range.
- Currensee Community: 56% are Short, 44% are long. These are 866 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment.
Note – This is a new and still experimental section on Forex Crunch. It’s still in development.
Want to see what other traders are doing in real accounts? Check out Currensee. It’s free..