EUR/USD managed to weather the fresh wave of bad US figures and to edge up towards the resistance line. Will it recover? Here’s a quick update on technicals, fundamentals and community trends.
EUR/USD below long term support, attempting on 1.2722 – click to enlarge
- Asian session: An active session saw EUR/USD edge upwards. This intensified when the European session began.
- Current Range is between 1.2722 to 1.2830, if the break above 1.2722 is confirmed.
- Further levels: Below, 1.2610, 1.2460, 1.2330 and 1.2150. Above 1.2840, 1.2930, 1.30 and 1.3110.
- Long term: On August 20th, EUR/USD lost less steep uptrend channel began on June 7th, from the year-to-date low of 1.1876. This turns into a resistance line now. For today, it stands on 1.2873. A push upwards will make this line important once again.
- 6:00 GMT: German GfK Consumer Climate . Exp. 4.1, Actual 4.1, as expected.
- 8:00 GMT: M3 Money Supply. Exp. +0.4.
- 12:30 GMT: US Unemployment Claims. Exp. 488K.
- 14:00 GMT: US Mortgage Delinquencies.
- Market is in risk aversive mood. This means that bad US indicators are dollar positive, although devastating figures that we’ve seen in recent days just shocked the markets.
- The 1.2610 line is critical.
- US unemployment claims will be closely watched, especially after last week’s figure reached the alarming number of 500K.
- Currensee Community: 55% are Short, 45% are long, with shortists having the upper hand. This is a small change from yesterday, when the ratio was 56:44. These are 926 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment.
Note – This is a new and still experimental section on Forex Crunch. It’s still in development.
Want to see what other traders are doing in real accounts? Check out Currensee. It’s free..