EUR/USD lost ground steadily, fell below the uptrend channel and is approaching an important support. Will it collapse or bounce on this busy day? Here’s a quick update on technicals, fundamentals and community trends.
EUR/USD within new uptrend channel, that began last week. Click to enlarge.
- Asian session: EUR/USD continued the gradual fall, going under the minor support line of 1.2665.
- Current Range is between 1.2610 to 1.2665
- Further levels: Below, 1.2610, 1.2460, 1.2330 and 1.2150. Above 1.2722, 1.2840, 1.2930, 1.30 and 1.3110.
- Uptrend channel lost: EUR/USD trades in an uptrend channel. Uptrend support began from the lows it reached on August 24th through a low on August 25th. Uptrend resistance began on a swing high on August 24th and was formed on August 26th. This is a notable line. EUR/USD lost it.
All times are GMT. Most important events emphasized.
- 7:55: German Unemployment Change. Exp. -19K.
- 9:00: Unemployment Rate. Exp. 10%.
- 9:00: CPI Flash Estimate. Exp. 1.6%.
- 13:00: US S&P/CS Composite-20 HPI. Exp. +3.8%.
- 13:45: US Chicago PMI. Exp. 57.3.
- 14:00: US CB Consumer Confidence. Exp. 50.7.
- 18:00: US FOMC Meeting Minutes.
- Market is in risk aversive mood. This means that bad US indicators are dollar positive, although devastating figures that we’ve seen in recent days just shocked the markets.
- The 1.2610 line is critical on the downside.
- This is a busy week, with the Non-Farm Payrolls at the end of it. Note the European unemployment rate that is a burden on the Euro, and the FOMC Meeting Minutes, which follow the groundbreaking decision to pump more money into the economy, the statement that enhanced the talks about a double dip recession.
- Currensee Community: 55% are Short, 45% are long, with shortists having the upper hand. This is a slight change from yesterday’s 57:43 ratio.These are 952 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment.
Note – This is a new and still experimental section on Forex Crunch. It’s still in development.
Want to see what other traders are doing in real accounts? Check out Currensee. It’s free..Get the 5 most predictable currency pairs