EUR/USD is holding on to low support after the long decline, ahead of the EU summit. It’s a very busy day today – lots of action is expected. Here’s a quick update on technicals, fundamentals and community trends.
Euro/Dollar breaking higher.
- Asian session: Quiet session after the big decline -narrow range 1.32 to 1.3230.
- Current Range between 1.3180 to 1.3267.
- Further levels in both directions: Below 1.3180, 1.3114, 1.30, 1.2920, 1.2722, 1.2587. Above 1.3267, 1.3334, 1.3576, 1.37, 1.3786, 1.3950 and 1.4030.
- 1.3180 proved to be strong support.
- 1.3440 is important resistance above and remains as such after a breakout attempt failed.
EUR/USD Fundamentals –
- 8:00 French Flash Services PMI. Exp. 55.4 points.
- 8:00 French Flash Manufacturing PMI. Exp. 57.8 points.
- 8:30 German Flash Services PMI. Exp. 59.1 points.
- 8:30 German Flash Manufacturing PMI. Exp. 58.2 points.
- 9:00 European Flash Manufacturing PMI. Exp. 55.3 points.
- 9:00. European Flash Services PMI. Exp. 55.3 points.
- 10:00 European CPI. Exp. 1.9%. Core CPI, exp. 1.2%.
- 13:30 US Unemployment Claims. Exp. 421K.
- 13:30 US Current Account. Exp. -126 billion.
- 13:30 US Building Permits. Exp. 570K.
- 13:30 US Housing Starts. Exp. 550K.
- 15:00 US Philly Fed Manufacturing Index. Exp. 14.8 points.
* All times are GMT.
For the major events due later in the week, see the EUR/USD outlook
- There are hopes for a wide solution to the European debt crisis in the European summit – perhaps a permanent bailout mechanism. This is one of the 5 reasons for the Euro rally. The European summit begins today.
- Spain is under the limelight as Moody’s warns of a downgrade. This hurt the Euro at the beginning of the session.
- Spanish bonds yields are already eased to 5.45%.
- The Irish parliament approved the bailout plan as expected.
- US bond yields boost the dollar – they passed 3.50% yesterday. This mostly affects USD/JPY, but also EUR/USD.
- Currensee Community: 51% are long , 49% are short. These are 1233 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment.
Want to see what other traders are doing in real accounts? Check out Currensee. It’s free..