EUR/USD is holding on to higher ground as all eyes are on ECB. Will Trichet boost the Euro and send it back to the previous trading range? Here’s a quick update on technicals, fundamentals and community trends.
Euro/Dollar recovering above 1.3114.
- Asian session: Quiet sessions sees EUR/USD around 1.3114.
- Current Range between 1.3114 to 1.32.
- Further levels in both directions: Below 1.3114, 1.30, 1.2920, 1.2722, 1.2587. Above 1.32, 1.3267, 1.3334, 1.3430, 1.3640, 1.37, 1.3830, 1.3950 and 1.4030.
- 1.2720 is the next, very strong support line.
- 1.3830 significant higher point – far away now.
EUR/USD Fundamentals –
- 10:00 European Revised GDP. Exp. +0.4%.
- 10:00 European PPI. Exp. +0.4%.
- 12:45 European rate decision.
- 13:30 Jean-Claude Trichet’s press conference.
- 13:30 US Unemployment Claims. Exp. 425K.
- 15:00 US Pending Home Sales. Exp. -0.7%.
- 15:00 ECB member Axel Weber talks.
- 17:30 US FOMC member James Bullard talks.
- 19:00 US FOMC member Elizabeth Duke talks.
* All times are GMT.
- All eyes are on Jean-Claude Trichet – there are high expectations that the president of the ECB will announce a big bond buying scheme. If the European central bank buys a lot of bonds of peripheral countries, the yields will drop, and these countries will be able to raise more funds. Would QE have prevented the European debt crisis? Anyway, Trichet can save the day.
- Contagion is weaker – with troubles already in 5 countries. Spanish bonds yields made a sharp drop after hope turned to Tricher.
- After yesterday’s figures gave hope for a good Non-Farm Payrolls, we’ll got another big hint today – jobless claims. Another outstanding number like last time will raise the bar.
- Currensee Community: 50% are long , 50% are short- yesterday we had more shorts. These are 1250 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment. Now the community leans towards a change.
Want to see what other traders are doing in real accounts? Check out Currensee. It’s free..Get the 5 most predictable currency pairs