EUR/USD worked its way up towards 1.40 at the beginning of a very intense week, and settled above a pivotal line. Will it improve positions before QEII? Here’s a quick update on technicals, fundamentals and community trends. We have important events already today, on Monday.
EUR/USD around settled above 1.3950
- Asian session: EUR/USD climbed above 1.40 but retreated/
- Current Range between 1.3950 and 1.4030.
- Further levels in both directions: Below, 1.3950, 1.3830, 1.37, 1.3637, 1.3530, 1.3430 and 1.3333. Above 1.4030, 1.4217, 1.4450 and 1.4580.
- 1.4030 proved to be a strong line in the past, but EUR/USD couldn’t hold on to it.
- 1.3830 important line below.
All times are GMT. Most important events emphasized.
- 12:30 US Personal Spending. Exp. +0.4%.
- 12:30 US Core PCE Price Index. Exp.. +0.1%.
- 14:00 US ISM Manufacturing PMI. Exp. 54.2 points.
- 14:00 US Construction Spending. Exp. -0.5%.
- Debt issues never went away, but the market disregards them. Maybe they will get more attention, especially with budgets in Ireland and Portugal.
- The inevitable second round of quantitative easing in the US is a done deal, but will probably be of a lesser scale than thought earlier. – comments regarding the size will have a strong impact on EUR/USD. This is the main theme this week.
- ISM Manufacturing PMI important hint towards Non-Farm Payrolls.
- Currensee Community: 54% are long, 46% are short, same as at the end of last week. These are 1173 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment.
Want to see what other traders are doing in real accounts? Check out Currensee. It’s free..