EUR/USD broke above another important resistance line. Will the pair hold on to these amazing gains when the markets close? Here’s a quick update on , fundamentals, fundamentals, and community trends.
EUR/USD after Itish decision.
- Asian session: Quiet session ranging from 1.3630 to 1.3680.
- Current Range between 1.3530 to 1.37.
- Euro just broke above 1.37.
- Further levels in both direcstions: Below, 1.35, 1.3430, 1.3365, 1.3267, 1.3160, and 1.3110. Above 1.37, 1.3850, 1.40 and 1.42.
- Wide uptrend channel: Uptrend resistance began on Sep. 8 and uptrend support on Sep. 13. Trading is characterized with many hours of consolidation, followed by few hours of sharp rises.
All times are GMT. Most important events emphasized.
- 8:00 Final Manufacturing PMI. Exp. 53.6. Actual 53.7.
- 9:00 Unemployment Rate. Exp. 10%.
- 12:30 US Core PCE Price Index. Exp +0.1%.
- 12:30 US Personal Spending. Exp. +0.4%.
- 13:55 US Revised Consumer Sentiment. Exp. 67.1
- 14:00 US ISM Manufacturing PMI. Exp. 54.6.
- The big question regarding Ireland remains about the “haircut” that debt holders will have to pay. News about the size of concessions can still rock the Euro.
- Debt issues never went away, but the market disregards them. Apart from the Irish issues, Spain got a credit rating downgrade from Moody’s.
- The inevitable second round of quantitative easing in the US still weighs on weakens the dollar.
- Holding on to 1.37 is important for the Euro.
- The rush to close positions on Friday always triggers lots of action.
- US Manufacturing PMI is the first sign for the Non-Farm Payrolls on Friday. High volatility is expected around this event.
- Currensee Community: 51% are long, 49% are short, slightly down from 52:48 yesterday. These are 1065 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment.
Want to see what other traders are doing in real accounts? Check out Currensee. It’s free..Get the 5 most predictable currency pairs