European Union (EU) Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom crossed the wires in the last hour saying that there was no support in Europe for a full, comprehensive trade negotiation with the United States. Although her comments seem to have got lost between ECB President Draghi’s remarks, stock markets seem to be reacting negatively with Wall Street opening the day deep in the negative territory.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- China is at the center of global economic challenges.
- EU, U.S share trade challenges such as China.
- Trade has been a target of frustration.
- U.S threatening to break the WTO, must fix the appeals body.
- Europe watching for Trump’s decision on car tariffs.