Federal Reserve’s Vice-chairman, Clarida, has crossed the wires, with Fox Business reporting the headlines.
- U.S. economy is in a good place.
- Have seen an increase in economic uncertainties.
- To act as appropriate to continue economic growth.
- Calls global data ‘disappointing’.
- Says data has been mixed.
- Inflation data has been ‘a little’ on the soft side.
These comments follow those of Federal Reserve William’s which sent the dollar lower.
Williams: Concerned inflation expectations are anchored too low – RTRS
About Richard Harris Clarida
He is an American economist and Vice Chairman of the Federal Reserve. He is the C. Lowell Harriss Professor of Economics and International Affairs at Columbia University and, until September 2018, Global Strategic Advisor for PIMCO