Central bankers continue to respond to questions from the audience at the ECB’s panel titled ‘Price and wage setting in advanced economies.’
- Draghi: Tariffs are not expected to have a significant impact on output or prices.
- Draghi: The most important thing about tariffs is their effects on consumer and business confidence.
- Draghi: Too early to assess consequences of tariffs on the monetary policy; no grounds for optimism.
- Powell: In principle, changes in trade policy could cause us to revise the outlook.
- Kuroda: Indirect impact of tariffs on Japanese economy could be significant.
- Kuroda: I really hope the trade relationship between China and the United States goes back to normal.