New York Fed President Williams crossed the wires in the last hour arguing that the underlying price trends point to inflation staying around the Federal Reserve’s 2% target.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- U.S. economy is still in a very good place.
- Some risks to global growth have receded.
- Domestic drivers of U.S. economy are strong, expects growth above 2% this year.
- Inflationary pressures are essentially nonexistent.
- We are around neutral interest rate.
- We should be right where we are in terms of interest rates, no argument to move at this point.
- Want to see inflation at target for an extended period, little risk of inflation running hot right now.