Another week of thin summer volume is behind us. Before August ends and a new edition of the Non-Farm Payrolls is published, its time to sit back and enjoy some recommended forex related articles. Here are my picks. Enjoy!
Ben Bernanke didn’t explicitly hint about QE3, but the door is still open. This tension will remain at least until the next meeting of the FOMC, which will already have fresh data and a decide on a new move to devalue the dollar, or not.
- Lior Cohen analyzes 5 reasons for QE3 and 3 against. The debate is on.
- Larry Greenberg shows us “the day the economy died” in the US.
- Jean-Pierre Chevallier completes his analysis of the big French banks and paints a grim picture about their leverage. According to him, two out of four banks are leveraged more than Lehman.
- Mish makes the case (again) that gold is currency. After reaching a peak, gold took a dive this week. A temporary correction, or a change of course?
- James Woolley presents Pyramiding – a high-risk high reward forex strategy.
- Francesc Riverola announces the launch of a new series of webinars with 3 coaches from FX Bootcamp.
- Michael Greenberg reports that TPG Capital Buys 30% of Saxo Bank. Action in the industry continues also in August.
- Ben ponders another helicopter drop – An analysis of Bernanke’s options, that is still very relevant.
- Interview with David Song – About QE3, European moves and more topics currently on the agenda.
- Haunted by False Breaks? There’s One Thing You Shouldn’t Do – Do you suffer from false breaks? There are some things to do, and some to strictly avoid.