Here is what you need to know on Monday, December 30th:
- The American dollar plunged in thin trading, extending its previous decline on the back of headlines indicating that the US and China are preparing a signing ceremony for phase one of the trade deal.
- The EUR/USD neared 1.1200, while the GBP/USD briefly surpassed the 1.3100 mark, reaching two-week highs. Brexit concerns will son hit the Pound.
- US equities hovered around their opening levels, ending the day mixed near record highs.
- Gold consolidated gains above $1,500 a troy ounce.
- Crude oil prices were down on Friday, despite US crude oil stockpiles fell by 5.4M in the week ended December 20. The commodity recovered some ground ahead of the close.
- The Australian dollar remains the best performer, nears 0.7000 against the greenback.
- Cryptocurrencies tried to recover some ground through the weekend, but thin volumes kept the advance in check. BTC/USD holds just above 7,000.00.