Canada’s economy showed a loss of 62.5 thousand jobs, the first decline since April. The unemployment rate ticked up to 8.6%, up from 8.7%.
- US Inflation Report: Wednesday, 13:30. CPI has been weak, but headline inflation is projected to rise to 0.4% in December. The core reading is expected to remain at 0.2%.
- ECB Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts: Thursday, 12:30. The accounts provide details of the ECB’s most recent policy meeting. Investors will be looking for any hints regarding future monetary policy and possible easing measures in the new year.
- British GDP: Friday, 7:00. The monthly GDP report has been falling and came in at just 0.4% in October. Analysts are braced for a sharp contraction of 4.6% in November.
- French CPI: Friday, 7:45. Inflation in the eurozone’s second-largest economy remains soft. The forecast for December stands at 0.2%, after an identical reading last month.
- Core Retail Sales: Friday, 13:30. Retail sales were dismal in November. The headline figure declined by 1.1%, while core retail sales contracted by 0.9%. In December, the numbers are expected to improve to 0.0% and -0.1%, respectively.
- EUR/USD forecast – for everything related to the euro.
- USD/JPY forecast – projections for dollar/yen
- AUD/USD forecast – predictions for the Aussie dollar.
- USD/CAD forecast – Canadian dollar analysis
- Forex weekly forecast – Outlook for the major events of the week.