Iraq’s oil minister, Jabar al-Luaibi, crossed the wires recently arguing that the oil market is stable and there is no acute volatility.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- Turkey has asked to buy more crude from Iraq.
- JMMC meeting will assess commitment of OPEC and OPEC+ states to production cut deal.
- Premature to predict OPEC decision at JMMC meet in Jeddah.
- Hopes Iranian gas imports to Iraq will not be halted.
- Iraq has contingency plan for any halting of Iranian energy imports.
- Oilfields in north and south safe, completely protected by security forces.
- Iraq has assured foreign oil companies that oil sites are safe.
- International oil companies have assured Iraqi government that they are operating as normal.