- The Securities and Exchange Act was amended to allow the issuance and trading blockchain-based securities.
- SEC deputy secretary-general Tipsuda Thavaramara said that the SEC will help build up the digital asset ecosystem.
In a major step towards widespread mainstream adoption, Thailand’s National Legislative Assembly has approved an amendment to the Securities and Exchange Act allowing the issuance and trading blockchain-based securities such as stocks and bonds. The country’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will publish guidelines and rules for tokenized and electronic securities in the coming months.
SEC deputy secretary-general Tipsuda Thavaramara shared some important points:
- Implementation of the tokenization platform is expected to become effective this year.
- The Securities and Exchange Act has been amended to help build up the digital asset ecosystem.
- SEC will also try to increase market efficiency by unlocking traditional operating systems.