British Prime Minister Theresa May’s spokesman told reporters that the merits of the indicative votes on Brexit were to be considered by the cabinet on Tuesday.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- Asked when the EU withdrawal bill will be published, says can offer nothing on when it will be introduced.
- Urges lawmakers to vote in favour of the bill, says it’s a matter of fact that it can be amended.
- Cabinet will discuss whole host of issues on the way forward for Brexit.
- Already have agreement with EU to work hard to make sure there will be alternative arrangements by December 2020 to avoid backstop.
- Government remains open to discussions with lawmakers across the House.
- PM has been clear on her views on a second referendum.