Additional comments from British Prime Minister Theresa May’s de-facto deputy Lidington continue to cross the wires with key quotes, via Reuters, found below.
- Rules out any referendum on Scottish independence before 2021.
- Cannot give exact time on when Brexit deal will be brought back to parliament.
- Doesn’t want to set rigid deadline but it cannot be allowed to drift.
- Timing depends in large part on conversations with the Labour party.
- We need to get this Brexit deal done before new EU parliament comes in in July.