“The seasonally adjusted final IHS Markit U.S. Services Business Activity Index registered 56.0 in July, down from 56.5 in June,” IHS Markit announced on Friday.
Key quotes from the publication
- Service sector business activity growth remains sharp, but prices charged rise at fastest rate in almost four years.
- Business activity upturn one of the strongest in last three years.
- New business expands at weakest rate for six months.
- Input price inflation eases, but charges rise at accelerated pace.
- Employment growth eased to a five-month low.