AUD/USD managed to reconquer an important line that served as resistance, and it now settles above it, as risk appetite is back in town. How will it close the week? Here’s a quick update on technicals, fundamentals and community trends.
AUD to USD unable to recover.
- Thursday session: The Aussie managed to break higher, settling above 0.9863.
- Current Range: 0.9863 to 0.9915
- Further levels in both directions: Below 0.9863, 0.9750, 0.9660. Above 0.9915, 1.0000, 1.0080, 1.0180, 1.0220, 1.03.
- The barrier above, 0.9915 is minor in comparison with the next one above – AUD/USD parity.
- Significant support is at 0.9660.
All times are GMT. Most important events emphasized.
- 13:30 US Unemployment Claims. Exp. 442K. Actual 439K.
- 15:00 US Philly Fed Manufacturing Index. Exp. 5.1. Actual 22.5. Big surprise didn’t bother the Aussie.
- Friday, 10:15 Ben Bernanke talks.
- Talks about China limiting foreign activity hurt the Aussie as well. Fresh talks about a Chinese rate hike now weigh on the Aussie.
- Risk appetite returned to the markets as there’s now hope for Ireland. This helps the Aussie.
- Currensee Community: 86% are short, 14% are long. 342 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment. The community continues seeing more falls in AUD/USD.
Want to see what other traders are doing in real accounts? Check out Currensee. It’s free..Get the 5 most predictable currency pairs