Tips for Forex Traders
Many visitors are looking for good educational material about forex. This page collates the best scholarly articles for forex traders. It is divided into various sections, and it aims to make it easy to navigate.
Apart from the links below, you can download the free eBook “Trade Forex Responsibly” by signing up to the newsletter here.
So, here are the best educational articles. Do subscribe or follow on Twitter for all the day to day updates.
There are four significant parts:
- The beginning: This sections starts from the very beginning, then has a role focusing on a demo account and then discusses forex education.
- Trading: This section contains many trading tips. It is then followed by technical analysis at different levels: general technical ideas and then a focus about range trading and breakouts (the most common patterns) and finally advanced technical analysis.
- Responsibility: For people that have already traded, making the initial analysis (technical or fundamental) is the easy part. Following the plan and controlling your emotions is the harder part and is risk management. This section contains links to articles in these significant fields.
- Other: Articles about software and binary options.
So, here goes:
Starting out with Forex Trading
- Four Important Trading Skills You May Not Learn From Forex School
- The Process of Forex Trading
- Basics of Forex Economic Indicators
- 5 Reasons Why Early Success in Forex is Worse than Early Failure
- Use More Predictable Currency Pairs
- 8 Basic Must Know Forex Trading Terms
- The 5 Stages to Becoming a Profitable Trader
- Forex and Freedom
- Top 5 Characteristics of a Successful Forex Trader
- There is a currency that always goes up
- Forex Trading: Walk Before You Run
- 4 Hot Tips That Will Kick Your Forex Trading Career Into Overdrive!
Forex Demo Account
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of a Forex Demo Account
- Making your demo account a bit more real
- 3 Reasons Why Demo Trading is Killing You
- 4 Pitfalls of Demo Accounts
- Purpose of Demo Trading: What it is, and what it is not
- How to Use a Demo Account?
- Importance of a demo account: The crucial nature of testing your broker
- Forex Demo Account – When to go Live
- Forex Demo Account – The Basic Broker Check
- Forex Demo Account – A Must for Every Broker
- Forex Demo Account for In-Trade Psychology
- Forex Demo Account for Money Management
- Forex Demo Account for Technical Analysis
- Trade With a Registered Broker
- Execution is Everything
- If Your Broker Insults You, It’s Time To Run
- It Hit Stop Loss? That Must Be Wrong
- The Disadvantages and Advantages of Forex Rebate Programs
- 5 Ways To Identify Fake Forex Broker Reviews
- Oops, we’ll reinstate your position
- Disrupting Trading Education
- Where is Trading Education heading?
- No Shortcuts in Forex Trading
- Forex Education: Margin Calculation for Cross-Currency Pairs
- Forex Education. Margin Calculation with USD as Quote Currency
- Pitfalls of Margin Trading
- Looking for a Currency to Trade Against? Opposites Attract
- Best hours to trade for those who hate surprises
- 3 Factors for Determining Position Sizes
- Two Cases When Trading News Events Goes Wrong
- 3 Advantages of Using Longer Time Frames
- Avoiding Risk On / Risk Off with Crosses
- Letting Winners Run
- What Weekend Gaps Tell Us
- 5 Advantages of Partial Profit Taking
- How High Should I Look?
- Time to Switch a Currency Pair?
- Scaling Up in Forex Trading
- Carry Trading? Beware of Overweight
- Times of Correction
- Trading Sunday Gaps
- Risk Factor – Explained
- Insights On Trading
- 5 Points on When To Go Pro
- Still Looking For That Perfect Indicator?”¦ Stop That Right Now If You Ever Want to Be Successful
- Finding New Pairs to Trade
- Forex Trading Hours – When to Avoid Trading
General technical analysis
- 4 Patterns for Forex Profitability
- Setting the Stop Loss in a Breakout Scenario – Close or Far? 4 Factors
- How to Identify or Dismiss an Oversold / Overbought Conditions
- Overbought or Not? Examples with EUR/USD
- Does Your System Have Positive Expectancy?
- Trading System Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
- Establishing a Comprehensive Forex Strategy
- What should you do when your system fails?
- Range Trading: Which Pairs Work Best?
- Range Trading: Entering the Range after a False Break
- Range Trading: How to Trade the Range Without Going Extreme
- Trading in Range or Catching Breakouts?
- How to Trade False Breakouts
- Haunted by False Breaks? There’s One Thing You Shouldn’t Do
- False Breaks are Opportunities – Example with EUR/USD
Advanced technical analysis
- Technical Analysis using the ‘Volume Rate of Change’ (V-ROC)
- Trading Candlestick Wicks
- Using the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo with CFD trading
- Forex Hedging Strategies to Protect Investments
- 7 Notes for Forex Hedging
- Principles of Elliott Wave Analysis
- How to Use Channels In Elliott Wave Theory
- How to Make Profitable Entries in Your Forex Trading
- Engulfing Candle: A Powerful Technique That Will Boost Your Profits
- Forex Arbitrage – Theory and Reality
- Forex Trading Technique – Inside Candle Breakout
- Greed in Forex Trading
- Top 10 Scary Facts About Placing Stops
- Adapt Yourself to Changing Conditions
- How to Avoid Analysis Paralysis
- Trading on a Vacation? It isn’t a Vacation
- Analyzing a Trade? Don’t Leave the Action Items on the Table
- Perfect Setup Slips Away? Another One Will Come
- 4 Tips for separating your Emotions from your Actions in Forex Trading
- Got a Hunch for a Trade? Verify it Before Trading
- The Importance Of Simplicity In Trading
- Don’t Take Revenge on the Market – You Just Can’t
- Trading with a Pal
- If in Doubt, Stay Out
- Learn How to Lose
- When to Take a Break from Trading
- Are You Suffering from Analysis Paralysis?
- Are You Forcing Yourself Into A Position?
- Does Trading Forex Professionally Ruin Your Life? Or Improve Your Trading?
- Don’t Blame the Broker
- Reasons to Not Quit Trading
- Beware The Hidden Danger Of Early Success”¦ Or Else!
- 5 Tips for Avoiding Forex Euphoria
- Golf, Trading and car accidents? Now that’s a Story
- Set Yourself Up for Success, Not Failure
- Forex Trading is No Game
- Emotional Control: The secret key to El Dorado
Risk and Money Management
- Money Management
- Trade Management in Your Forex Trading System
- Risk Management: Staying Safe with Forex Trading
- How to Scale Up Responsibly in Forex Trading
- 3 Ways to Limit Your Risk in Forex Trading
- Don’t Be Haphazard with Your Stop Placement
- Account Size Does Matter
- Use Higher Time Frames
- Trade With the Trend
- Withdrawing in Forex Trading
- Don’t Risk Your Reward
- Taking the Profit
- Stop Moving Your Stops
- 9 Tips To Separate from the 90% That Don’t Make Money in Forex
- Forex Trading: How to Limit Your Risk
- How Does VPS Work in Forex? Infographic
- 5 Reasons to Use VPS in Forex Trading
- Forex VPS Latency: how to speed up your profits
- Reliable Expert Advisors (EAs) – Like Needles in Haystacks
That’s it! It’s quite a lot of reading. Hopefully this page will be useful for orienting yourself through the various articles.
The page was last updated on October 2nd, 2018.