Tomorrow, April 22nd, is a big day in Britain, with many major releasesץ GBP.USD will shake, and so will two interesting Pound crosses: EUR/GBP and GBP/JPY. Here’s a special coverage of tomorrow’s 7 British releases, in this critical week for the Pound:
Apart from the Annual Budget Release, all the figures are released at 8:30 GMT. Here goes:
- Claimant Count Change, the earliest and most significant unemployment indicator for the Pound, is expected to stand at 118, less than last month’s 138.4K.
- MPC Meeting Minutes will be released. This will show us what senior British bankers think about the economy. Interest rates in Britain are at a historic low.
- Average Earnings Index that’s expected to rise by 1.4% after rising by 1.8% last time.
- Public Sector Net Borrowing is expected to rise to 15.6 billion after standing at 9 billion last month. Has the British government borrowed more? Some of the bond actions failed lately…
- Prelim M4 Money Supply, expected to rise by 1.2% after last month’s rise of 1.4%.
- Unemployment Rate, expected to rise from 6.5% to 6.7%. Despite being a late employment figure, it’s a figure that is quoted by the media, and thus influences politicians.
- Annual Budget Release: at 11:30 GMT, is provided by the British government. This includes expected spending, borrowing, financial objectives and investments. The Pound will surely shake after this release.
There are more big events on Friday. Check out my special coverage: Critical Week for the Pound.
Enjoy the Pound!Get the 5 most predictable currency pairs