Here’s a quick update on technicals, fundamentals and community trends.
- Previous sessions: AUD/USD traded slightly higher Monday reaching 0.9962 at the time of this writing due mostly to a technical correction.
- Current range: 0.9883 – 0.9983
- Further levels: Below: 0.9931, 0.9939, 0.9953 Above: 0.9975, 0.9983, 0.9997
- AUD / USD likely to find support at today’s low of 0.9884, and resistance at Wednesday’s high of 1.0076.
- 00:30 AUD ANZ Job Advertisements m/m
- 00:30 AUD Trade Balance Exp. 2.03B
- 13:30 USD FOMC Member Plosser Speaks
- 15:00 USD IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism
- 15:00 USD Wholesale Inventories m/m
- 19:00 USD FOMC Member Kocherlakota Speaks
- Tentative USD Treasury Currency Report
* All times are GMT.
For the major events due later in the week, see the AUD/USD forecast.
- U.S. and European markets down today with EURO markets down on debt contagion fears
- Sentiment on the USD/AUD show a short bullish movement but the overall outlook is bearish.
- EUR/USD on shaky ground due to possible Portugal bailout
Currensee Community: 92% are short, 8% are long. 390 open positions in real accounts trading this pair at the moment. The community is expecting corrective increases over the next few days for AUD/USD, although overall outlook is bearish, with lower levels expected.