European Commission Vice President Valdis Dombrovskis is delivering his remarks regarding their assessment of the Italian governments budget proposal with key quotes, via Reuters, found below.
- Commission rejects Italian budget plan, to ask for revised plan in 3 weeks.
- Ball is in Italy’s court, have 3 weeks of intensive dialogue with Italy.
- Experience shows higher fiscal deficits, debt do not bring lasting growth, but make the economy vulnerable.
- May reassess decision in May to not put Italy under disciplinary action.
- Italian government is ‘openly’ going against past commitments on budget.