Eric Rosengren is making comments on Bloomberg TV. He dissented in July because he feels that the economy was still pretty good.
- We are in a pretty good spot right now…
- There are costs to easing policy too much, including too much leverage.
- Economic conditions in US are still ‘pretty good’.
- Dissented in July because US economy was pretty good.
- US in a pretty good spot right now.
- View at last FOMC meeting was to focus on unemployment, inflation.
- Consumption is strong and spending can support growth.
- This is a good time to sit back and look at the data.
More to come…