ECB QE is here and it’s big: we run down the event and the impact before circling back to the big hint we received for this one week before from the SNB, focusing on the impact on brokers. The moves are of course correlated to the price of oil and we analyze the surprising Canadian cut and also Iran’s sanguine attitude about the black gold.
Welcome to a new episode of Market Movers, presented by Lior Cohen of Trading NRG and Yohay Elam of Forex Crunch.You are welcome to listen, subscribe and provide feedback.
- Draghi delivers: We discuss the details of the big QE program. Was the event built up to be a surprise? Is this enough? Will it reach the real economy? When will the euro bottom out? We cover it all.
- Brokers’ reaction to the Swiss bomb: A major broker went into administration and another big one is struggling after the Swiss franc leaped. What could have brokers done differently? What about the negative balances traders have? We talk about about the different broker reactions.
- Iran oil: We knew Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies want to maintain their market share, but also Iran? We talk about how the sanctioned country reacts to the fall of black gold.
- Canadian cut: Falling oil prices hit the Canadian dollar in two manners. We discuss the fate of CAD and the impact on markets.
Listen to the podcast here:
Subscribe and receive instant access to our next shows
- Follow us on the iTunes page
- Follow us on Sticher.
- Either via the Market Movers RSS Feed
- Or to the Market Movers Newsletter:
And you can see previous pocasts here.
Yohay and Lior hold no positions on any of the stocks and financial instruments that were mentioned on the show. The podcast should be used for general information. This isn’t financial advice.