The fallout from Bernanke’s dovish comments continue. Major levels are being breached with some pairs moving hundreds of pips.
EUR/USD is challenging 1.32, GBP/USD is close to 1.52 and USD/JPY is around 98.50 — updates coming
- EUR/USD is already over 300 pips higher since Bernanke opened his mouth: from around 1.2880 to 1.3192 at the time of writing. Resistance is at 1.32 followed by 1.3250. Support at 1.3160, followed by 1.31.
- GBP/USD is over 250 pips since the comments were made. It traded in the mid 1.49s, and it is now just under 1.52. This line, 1.52, serves as resistance. Support is at 1.5144.
- AUD/USD was temporarily blocked by a double top, but it broke above it and is trading at 0.9264. The next significant level is 0.9344. Support is at 0.9233.
- USD/JPY is trading at 98.60, after falling even lower beforehand. The pair was trading over 100.40 earlier in the day. Moves here are quite violent. The really big support line is at 95.
- USD/CAD dropped as low as 1.0375. It traded above 1.05 beforehand. Support is at 1.0360, followed by 1.03.