Home XRP becomes more decentralized, only 20% validators related to Ripple
Crypto News

XRP becomes more decentralized, only 20% validators related to Ripple

  • Third-party entities run almost 80% of nodes.  
  • In the last year, XRP fell by over 43% compared to other cryptocurrencies.

As per Validator Registry, just seven of the 34 of the Unicode node list (UNL) validators in XRP, roughly 20%, are owned by Ripple. Third-party entities operate the remaining 80% of the nodes. This shows us that Ripple – often accused of being centralized – is a lot more decentralized than anyone expected.  

The validators are the lifeblood of a decentralized network like Ripple. They are responsible for validating and processing transactions. Plus, they are also responsible for preventing double-spends within the network.

CoinField, a Canadian crypto exchange that’s extremely pro-Ripple, recently launched a UNL validator. The firm also stated that it is working to increase XRP adoption through a new, as yet disclosed, project.  

In other news, the XRP Community is concerned about the massive XRP sales from Ripple. Ripple owns more than 50% of the total XRP supply. The funds are currently being used to expand the services provided by Ripple around the world. XRP holders and investors face a lot of selling pressure because of the XRP sales that the company conducts every quarter to fund its operations.  

FX Street

FX Street

FXStreet is the leading independent portal dedicated to the Foreign Exchange (Forex) market. It was launched in 2000 and the portal has always been proud of their unyielding commitment to provide objective and unbiased information, to enable their users to take better and more confident decisions.