- CoinMarketCap is one of the most popular cryptocurrency market data platforms.
- They have added the Fundamental Crypto Asset Score (FCAS) which measures the health of a project.
CoinMarketCap, the cryptocurrency market data platform, has added a new metric dubbed Fundamental Crypto Asset Score (FCAS) to their site. It is a rating system which measures the “health” of a project by considering user activity, developer behavior, and market maturity. They said, “We intake raw blockchain data across relevant projects and parse them internally. Once we clean, analyze, and recreate the raw data elements, we combine them with market data gathered from various sources to inform our models.”
- User Activity: This takes into consideration all the customer behavior of a specific crypto and it includes project utilization and network activity factors.
- Developer Behavior: This includes the activity and ability of the developer community of that particular project.
- Market Maturity: This measures how likely it is that this crypto will provide consistent returns across various market scenarios. This combines market risk and the stability of the money supply of each tracked cryptocurrency.