After a very volatile week that saw geo-political tensions impact currencies very strongly, the markets are now closed. It’s time to sit back and enjoy some more long term forex-related articles. Here are my picks from selected websites:
- Larry Greenberg analyzes why Japan has a safe haven status.
- Lior Cohen explains how the Middle East turmoil affects the Brent / WTI oil spread. The gap is closely watched in these days of Libyan trouble.
- Kathy Lien explains why high oil is bad for the US dollar. Here’s a recent Elliot Wave analysis of oil.
- Adam Kritzer tries to untangle the puzzle of risk appetite, an important factor that pushes currencies.
- Michael Greenberg interviews Gain Capital’s CEO, Glenn Stevens about execution performance and lots more.
- Francesc Riverola is impressed by Forex Factory’s Trader Explorer. Here’s my review of Trade Explorer.
- Jay Norris explains the advantages of trading forex on a platform that also handles futures.
- James Woodley introduces a big forex event in 2011 – an event that takes place on the web.
- Andriy Miraru tells the story of a huge forex scam – the story of David A. Smith.
- Casey Stubbs has been at the NY Traders Expo and began mentoring a young college student named Nathan Tucci. An interesting video indeed.
- James Chen announces his achievement in FXStreet’s best forex awards. Congratulations James! Forex Crunch also had achievements.
Here are some of the long term articles published on Forex Crunch this week. There were quite a few:
- Profiting from the Oil Rally using Binary Options – Traders can utilize the current mess in Libya to benefit in non-traditional ways.
- CAD/JPY & CHF/JPY Elliot Wave Analysis – Gregor Horvat examines the Japanese crosses in his video.
- US budget impasse poses a big risk for the dollar – Another factor weighing on the US dollar.
- Trade Leaders Program – $2 billion Already Traded – Quite an achievement for the program that enables investing in forex traders the same way you invest in mutual funds.
That’s it! Have a great weekend!