The past week saw some return of the risk on / risk off moves, after a very short break. Before the markets reopen for the last week of March, it’s time to sit sit back and enjoy some long-term forex reads. Enjoy!
Spain took Greece’s spot in the European debt crisis. Nevertheless, Greece is still deep in the woods, as the IMF demands 12 billion euros of cuts in the next three months. If not, it may withhold the next tranche of aid.
- Lior Cohen analyzes the Saudi move to expand oil production. Will it bring prices down?
- John Ward discusses the “rain in Spain”, as the fourth largest euro-zone economy returns to the headlines.
- Lisa Pollack analyzes the effects of LTRO 1 and 2, now that we have some perspective. Is it helping the real economy?
- Jay Norris talks about the S&P 500 / Aussie correlation and fractal geometry after correlations underwent a shift.
- Kathy Lien explains why USD/JPY could reach 90, following the recent run.
- Larry Greenberg discusses the various US presidential options, as the Republican primaries continue.
- Adam Button explains why it’s hard to remain bullish on gold.
- Casey Stubbs provides a nice tutorial about trading breakouts.
- Andriy Moraru brings an interest poll about trade execution speed. How important is it to you? Here’s why execution is everything.
- James Woolley provides three profitable trading strategies that generated quite a few pips in the last few months.
- Michael Greenberg reports about a new forex brokerage launching in the UK: Tradenext.
- Francesc Riverola announces an expansion of FXStreet to the Spanish media market, with the launch of Media712. Good luck!
Here are long term articles published on Forex Crunch recently:
- Head and Shoulders Forming on EUR/USD – A long term pattern is emerging.
- The Situation in Europe Remains Very Fragile – Interview with Christopher Vecchio about Europe, the path to QE3 in the US, the potential of USD/JPY and more topics.
- Setting the Stop Loss in a Breakout Scenario – Close or Far? 4 Factors – Where do you set your stop loss point?
- Time to Switch a Currency Pair? – If you’re stuck with the same pair all the time, perhaps it’s time to switch.
- 5 Signs that a War in Iran is Close – There are too many worrying signs that Israel, but not Israel alone, is preparing for a war in Iran.
- Will Oil Prices Go Down an Elevator? – History suggests that prices will plunge and remain depressed for a long time after a war.
- Forex Correlations Changing (Video) – Some things have changed since the recent Fed decision. Simon Smith explains in a video.